I’ve worked on a number of sites over the years. Some have been for a job, some have been simply as volunteer work. I always try to focus on making a site usable and fast. I’m not that concerned with how pretty it is. A website that’s pretty, but not usable is simply not acceptable. I also always try to adhere to formal coding standards. Lately I’ve been discovering the power of software packages like WordPress and Drupal. These allow the end user to edit pages in a graphical environment. This simultaneously allows the user to update their site whenever they want, and it takes some work off the developer.
Here are some examples of the sites I’ve been associated with either as the designer or administrator.
- Glyndon, MN – City website for the city of Glyndon, Minnesota.
- Munsey’s Magic – Business site for a magician.
- Minnesota Boys State – American Legion Minnesota Boys State program website.
- Will Voorhees Photography – My personal photography site.
- LqPV Dollars for Scholars – High school scholarship program site.